Join us on IRC: #infoanarchy on irc.oftc.net — channel blog
From iA wiki
FTP in a Web Browser
Probably the easiest way to use FTP, many web browsers allow for FTP uploading and downloading of files. Usually they are expressed as "<code>ftp://email@example.com</code>" instead of the regular "<code>http://</code>"
- UNIX: On almost any system, open a terminal window and type "ftp". There are better clients, though. For example clients which support readline or colors.
- For users who need to transfer a complex array of files, graphical clients allow picking-and-chosing of individual files easier. Makes the FTP more interactive and simpler.
- SmartFTP - Feature-rich, free FTP client with SSL support.
- CrossFTP - Powerful multi-tabbed FTP client.
- WS_FTP-LE - Lite edition of the WS-FTP software - does most FTP activities without issue.
- BulletProof FTP - Another popular, but commercial, FTP utility.
- FlashFXP - Non-free. Supports SSL, FXP and has a straightforward interface.