Bring back infoAnarchy, the first site to report on the coming age of abundance. Revive infoanarchy.org blog & wiki - donate BTC to 1J66guL99svkrDzEerVhammM938niMUC5G
Encrypting Your File Sharing
From iA wiki
Note: No action other than abstaining from any sort of file sharing is a true defence. Programs that promote anonymity may not be 100% effective and programs with encryption are often not carefully audited and may be insecure. In avoiding audits by the RIAA, anonymity is more important than encryption.
- ENTROPY - Similar in design to Freenet (at least from the user's perspective), but written in C instead of Java.
- Filetopia - a fairly large user base with strong traffic encryption. Semi-centralized.
- FolderShare - commercial Windows client allowing secure file-access with provided client or a Web browser. Also locally-based (only individuals who you add). Communicates with centralized server for file listing.
- Freenet - a popular anonymous and secure information sharing P2P network using Java. Can be opened with a prefered browser, among other clients.
- GNUnet - reputation-based network. GPL, part of GNU project.
- MUTE - for Windows, OS X, and Linux, easy search-and-download that seeks to protect the privacy of its users. Developed from Konspire's code. GPL
- PRIVARIA - for Windows - more locally-based file sharing and Groupware tools
- http://retroshare.sf.net serverless Instant Messenger with Encryption and File Sharing
- Tesla - A freeware, decentralized, file sharing program with IRC-style chat features and multi-source downloading.
- WASTE - a focus on small groups of file sharing members, similar to instant messaging. Groupware meets social networking meets IM. No centralized server, although users can create supernodes.
Similar but not quite:
- Konspire - development was moved from an anonymity/security-aim towards a subject-based download system
Adding encryption layers to P2P
- Encrypting Your Files - exchange encrypted files. This can be useless if your recipient doesn't know the password or cannot determine it.
- Encrypting Your Network Links - exchange files over an encrypted network. This may not work for hive-type downloads, since it is unlikely all clients would use the same type of network-layer encryption.