From iA wiki
BOINC  is an acronym for Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing and generalizes the original SETI@Home concept of distributed computing to allow support for multiple projects. Installing a boinc client allows a user to attach to various projects and to determine what percentage of computing time to devote to which projects.
Example projects which have registered with BOINC are:
- Einstein@home -- search for spinning neutron stars
- SETI@home -- search for extraterrestrial intelligence
- World Community Grid -- advance knowlede of diseases
- Rosetta@home -- determine 3-d protein folding shapes
- Quantum Monte Carlo at Home -- study structure of molecules
There are already infoanarchy teams for several different projects. Including:
- infoanarchists@SETI (the original infoanarchy SETI@Home Classic team)
- infoanarchy@world grid
If you attach to a project which doesn't have an infoanarchy teams feel free to found one.