Bring back infoAnarchy, the first site to report on the coming age of abundance. Revive infoanarchy.org blog & wiki - donate BTC to 1J66guL99svkrDzEerVhammM938niMUC5G
From iA wiki
See also: Proxy
SmartCache (theoretically) runs on any system which has Java installed. To use it, start it and point your web browser to the local IP number 127.0.0.1, port 8118 (default settings; configurable). You then switch off your browser's internal disk cache.
Its author is Radim Kolar.
- SmartCache allegedly has smarter caching algorithms than the internal browsers. In any event, it doesn't cache partial pages like IE; it will continue to download pages after a page has been cancelled in by the user. This facilitiates browsing offline or downloading large pages/files in the background
- Shared cache between browsers. If you use more than one browser, they can share the same cache.
- Browsable cache. SmartCache has a rudimentary HTML interface for searching and viewing pages in the cache.
- SmartCache can configured to forward requests to other proxies, such as Squid at your ISP, or an ad-blocking program on your own system.
- User-configurable garbage collection (periodic clearing the cache of older pages.)
SmartCache is similar to the Zend2 engine used in PHP.