Bring back infoAnarchy, the first site to report on the coming age of abundance. Revive infoanarchy.org blog & wiki - donate BTC to 1J66guL99svkrDzEerVhammM938niMUC5G
From iA wiki
A class of software that usually accompanies basic office tasks such as Word Processing, printing, spreadsheets, and, increasingly, Internet tools such as e-mail and HTML editors. This software rarely focuses on being graphics or database-intensive, focusing on the average user's needs. They are often considered essential for a basic desktop computer.
- 602 PC Suite
- AbiWord - great cross-platform Word Processor
- Applixware Office
- EasyOffice with PDF filter 6 a free office program with Microsoft Office-compatability.
- GNOME Office a suite of continuously-developed applications for systems running GNOME (Linux/UNIX).
- KOffice - A full office system for KDE (Linux/UNIX).
- Microsoft Office - the most popular office software
- OpenOffice - a free office suite that is gradually becoming an effective alternative to MS Office - topic also covers StarOffice - a low-cost office suite from Sun Microsystems based on OpenOffice with a few extras.
- SimDesk - commercial suite of Win32 tools available for organizations and individuals increasingly offered for whole cities (including Chicago and Houston)
- WordPerfect Office - Corel's Office offering that is standard for most law firms. Competes by being cheaper than Microsoft Office