From iA wiki
Measuring or having knowledge of the specification of an object's features is useful information for a mathematical analysis. Comparisions over time provide knowledge of performance which can be compared to current and future status.
The scalability of a network is a measure of how a network performs as the number of users increases - see traffic analysis for more information. Measurement may require surveillance or data collection. When measurements can't taken, eg, because of a lack of data, it is sometimes useful to make estimates or best approximations. Radical shapes have a fractal dimension.
- age, weight, height and other personal identifiable information
- compliance with standards
- optimization, reliability and other progress indicators
- audits, polls, statistics and surveys
- uptime and downtime
- web sites that have a visitor counter
- network throughput