(Topic Includes "SFTP")
Acronym: Secure SHell
Acronym: SFTP - Secure File Transfer Program
OpenSSH is the most common implementation.
- PuTTY - Free SSH tool for Windows and UNIX
- Whitehorn Secure Terminal - Free SSH/Telnet client for Windows
- WinSCP - Free SFTP/SCP client for Windows
- JavaSSH - free Terminal, Telnet, and SSH client (GPL)
- AutoSSH - Automatically reconnects.
- SSH.com - commercial client
- FreSSH a free implementation of the SSH protocol
- PenguiNet PenguiNet is an advanced Windows SSH client, developed and published by Silicon Circus
- FUGU - great graphical front-end for OS X SFTP (SSH is native on OS X, just open a Terminal window)
- OpenSSH - BSD licensed, the most common implementation
- LSH - A GNU implementation of the SSH protocols
- Dropbear SSH server - very lightweight, often used in embedded settings such as OpenWRT
- OpenSSH for Windows formerly at networksimplicity.com
- SSH.com commercial server
- Explanation of SSH from MIT's Math dept.
- O'Reilly book on the Secure Shell
- Unixclan shells Free accounts on a Debian Gnu/Linux server.
- SSH related RFCs : RFC 4250, RFC 4251, RFC 4252, RFC 4253, RFC 4254, RFC 4255, RFC 4256, RFC 4335, RFC 4344, RFC 4419, RFC 4462, RFC 4716, RFC 4819
- Archives of the secsh IETF working group