Also known as Netfilter, IPTables is the default firewall in Linux kernel 2.4 and 2.6. In Linux kernel 2.2 IPchains was the default firewall. IPchains is still an option in the latest 2.4 and 2.6 Linux kernels. IPTables' features are rich and it has optional NAT support.
- Official repository with documentation
- 3rd party IPTables tutorial.
- IPtables Advantages
- IPTables P2P - A kernel module for P2P support.
- PF - OpenBSD's Packet Filter. Also ported to other BSD flavors
- IPF - Darren Reed's packet filter for *BSD.
- P2PWall - Iptables add-ons for blocking P2P traffic such as Kazaa, etc