Free Software Foundation
Acronym: Free Software Foundation
A non-profit NGO founded in 1985 by Richard Stallman to support the GNU project and legal infrastructure for the Free Software community. The majority of FSF's funding comes from donations, memberships, corporate patrons, and the sale of t-shirts, books, and software.
- FSF.org: Philosophy - The philosophy related to FSF.
- FSF Europe - The Free Software Foundation of Europe.
- FSF India - The Free Software Foundation of India.
- Eben Moglen - General Counsel, FSF; FSF's lawyer; Professor of Law & Legal History, Columbia Law School; Moglen wrote the GPL.
- Richard Stallman - Ex-programmer of MIT; Founder of the FSF.
- Lawrence Lessig - Lawyer; Writer, especially of (cyber)law; Professor at Stanford; Member of FSF board of directors.